Please submit a typed document of approximately 750-1000 words (approximately 2–2½ pages, double-spaced).
Please take note: the Entrance Essay is an important element of the application. This is to be an original work produced by you, the applicant. In addition to the contents of the essay itself, the document will be used to evaluate your ability to articulate yourself in writing. Reviewers will be not only look at what you say, but also how you say it: organization and structure; spelling, grammar and syntax; and flow, logic and precision in expression.
(1) Please describe how you became a follower of Jesus Christ (your conversion). Include some thoughts about what Christ has meant to you in your daily life since you put your faith in him.
(2) Briefly describe some of your experiences of Christian service, whether in church contexts or some other mission-oriented (e.g. parachurch) circumstance.
(3) Explain the nature of your interest in the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program. The following questions may be used to prompt some thoughts: Why is it that this program catches your attention? How does this program relate to your personal or professional background or experience? How do you see this program helping you meet your goals for your future? What do you hope to be able to do with what you learn from this program?
(4) Please respond to the following question: What do you believe are some of the key biblical, theological and/or ministry challenges for the evangelical church and mission as we move into the 21st century? Briefly identify and discuss briefly three or four topics you think are pertinent.
You may submit the completed essay three ways:
• Attach your essay below.
• Email your essay to GraduateStudies@GraceU.edu
• Mail your essay to:
Attn: College of Professional and Graduate Studies
1311 South 9th Street
Omaha, NE 68108